This is the third episode of the Blind Tiger Podcast, recorded on May 6th, 2013. In this episode Mike and I kick off the summer drinking season with an introduction to the very German Kolsch style of beer. Jesse joins in to decide which of our selected Kolsches will reign supreme; Stoudt’s Karnival Kolsh or Harpoon’s Summer Beer.
Joining us for the episode is friend of the show, Joe Littlefield. Known to us as a long, long time teetotaler we interview Joe asking the why behind his decision not to drink, his thoughts on designated driver programs as part of beer events, and have him sample some non-alcoholic beers as alternatives when socializing with drinkers.
We also delve into the science of beer head (with the requisite juvenile laughter) and review a couple of New York City spots for good food and beer.
- Hunger N Thirst prepares to open.
- Public support wanes for Pennsylvania liquor privatization
- Beer deliveries by drone?
- USPS to allow shipping of beer/wine
- Budweiser to produce Straw-ber-rita
- Alabama legalizes home brewing!
Beers from around the world:
- Peter Lugar Steakhouse – Brooklyn, NYC
- The Ginger Man – Manhattan, NYC
Beer vs Beer
- Interview with Joe Littlefield
- Non-alcoholic beer sampling
Homebrew 101Play in new window | Download