This is the eighteenth episode of the Blind Tiger Podcast, recorded on December 23rd, 2013. In this episode Mike, Jesse, and I are together again to celebrate the coming of Santa. We were gathered in the studio to celebrate the first Beersmas together. We brought our favorite beers that make us think of home, hearth, and the holidays in a competition of winter beers.
We discuss a plethora of exciting news including the release of a very highly anticipated release from Victory, Ohio state legislature changes to their ABV cap for brewers, and many other stories.
We three also discuss what we want Santa to bring us this year. We’ve been saving beer and treats for the big man from the north pole and dammit we expect some pretty sweet swag for all the hard work and pious behavior.
This episode we start out with the following question to get our panel chatting. The question is: If you share one beer with Santa what would it be and why?
- Lancaster Brewing Company signs Distribution Deal with Gretz Beer Co.
- Farmer’s Cabinet in Philadelphia raided as speakeasy
- Highly Anticipated Hop-Ranch from Victory to be released Friday
- Newcastle Marketing Scheme Increases Unwanted Awareness
- Ohio State Legislature Considering Increase in ABV cap from 12% to 21%
- Two Bills Before Congress Want to Lower Taxes for Breweries
- German Brewer’s torn over whether Reinheitsgebot should make UNESCO list
Beer vs Beer:
Mike’s Choice:Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale
Rob’s Choice:Great Lakes Christmas Ale
All I Want for Christmas is Two Bombers of Beer!
While you are most likely listening to this the day after Christmas Mike, Jesse, and I are recording this with uncontrollable anticipation for Christmas in two days time. Thus we wanted to discuss what we hope Santa is bringing us for being such good craft beer enthusiasts.Podcast: Play in new window | Download