This is the second episode of the Blind Tiger Podcast, recorded on April 30th, 2013. In this episode Mike and I delve deep into the world of the undefinable Saison. Jesse joins us to weigh in as we pit a traditional style Saison from Sixpoint Brewery against a dark and different Saison from Goose Island Brewery.
Mike and I introduce a new segment to the show where we discuss the pros and cons of the Pennsylvania liquor control debate; is it better to privatize or liberalize the states liquor stores?
We also give our first hand review of the second annual Susquehanna Ale Trail and Mike attempts to define the very nebulous term of Saison.
Also look out for advice in our latest segment, the Joy of Beer Cooking, where Mike offers a delicious meal to pair with the champion Saison. All this and more in this weeks episode.
- Kirchner’s distributors building additional capacity.
- Big Brew Day at Lancaster Homebrew May 4th
- Two local brew festivals; Stoudts and Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire
- Vineyard at Hershey announces sister brewery.
- University of Colorado plans student brewery.
- Arsenic in beer via Filtering Process?
Would Pennsylvanian citizens and craft breweries be helped or harmed by a complete privatization versus a thoughtful liberalization of Pennsylvania’s liquor laws? Including the abolishment of the distributor and state store models.
Beers from Around the World:
- Susquehanna Valley, Pennsylvania – Susquehanna Ale Trail
Beer versus Beer:
What about a beer makes it a Saison/Farmhouse Beer?
The Joy of Beer Cooking:
Grilled Red Snapper with a spicy tamarind sauce
* *Podcast: Play in new window | Download